Briggs & Stratton Engine Problem

I think I have a hunch to the answer to the question already, but I'll ask anyways. The company I work for (there are 3 of us) just bought new aerators. The "forman" decided one should goto him. Thats fine they are heavy and slow piles of garbage. However he came back today to the shop saying it wont turn over anymore. The pullcord is stuck. No problem, take the pullcord off and its not a pullcord problem. I think he ran the machine dry of oil and its seized, but any other ideas?

He fried it.

Ya we found that out today, and in typical forman style it become everyones fault except his ($1000 repair) since we should take care of our equptment and its not his responsibility. Funny tho since the 7 other aerators works great, and are maintained properly.

Do as I say, not as I do?
wrote in message

More like why wasent this filled with oil before I took it out of the shop.
Mike wrote:

Do you own the company? If not, why are you worrying about it? Did the foreman need an aerator? Does he actually do any labor on site? Did he intend to keep it and use it for his own personal use? In other words, did he intent to misappropriate it? I wonder how much more of the company's and client's property is at his home? Your assumption that he probably ran it without oil is probably correct. Most all gasoline powered equipment is shipped without oil, but you already know that being that you are working in the 'shop'. Please give us the name and address of the company so that we will be sure to avoid them.
--
Bill
in Hamptonburgh, NY

No I don't, and I worry about it because it becomes all of our problems when a big fuck up happens.

He did, and he does on occasion haha.

No.
No
Thanks for actually answering my question, and yes it is fried...the moron. By shop I mean our shop, where we keep our equiptment.