Briggs & Strattin Flywheel removal

First off, I hope that this is an exceptable thread for this group.
My father-in-laws lawn tractor (MTD) has a 14.5 HP B&S engine with OHV's.
Long story short, exhaust valve broke off and put a hole in the piston. I am in the process of removing the engine from the tractor but I wanted to get the flywheel off while the block was still mounted in the tractor frame (so it doesn't move around so much}.
The tractor is 8-10 years old and the flywheel is on the crank real good. I have tried soaking in Kroil for the good part of the day with no improvement. I have also tried heating the area around the crank on the flywheel with a heat gun and tapping on the flywheel with a hammer while having a gear puller applying pulling force on it, didn't move.
Anyone have any ideas? I am drawing a blank now.
TIA, Ron
most flywheels have two holes, one on ether side of the flywheel nut or clutch. these are used to screw a self-tapping screw into for use with a briggs&stration flywheel puller. don't use a puller on the out side of the flywheel it will damage it.ether buy the right puller from a dealer they make different sizes or take the motor to a dealer and have him pull the

If your gear puller is attached to the flywheel by bolts, put a strain on the pullers draw bolt and give the draw bolt a sharp rap with a hammer. If your puller is the jaw type put it aside and position the flywheel retaining nut flush with the end of the crankshaft. Using a suitable purchase, pry on the flywheel with a crow bar while giving the nut on the end of the crank a sharp rap with a hammer. Either one of these methods has always worked for me.