Bolens 2136

Just bought this bolens 2136 with the 12HP I/C engine. The guy that I bought it from had it work on by somebody that doesn't know anything on these machine. He install new blades and tire but didn't adjust it, so the blade are too low even on they high setting + its cutting more on one side. Anyone can help with adjusting the eight of the blade and leveling the cutting deck? I try but its not fine to me. There adjustement at the front of the deck, 2 on the side and also 2 under the seat ?!? where do I start ? whats the eight of the deck at low setting? Should the side wheel contact the grass when cutting? Please help!!!! Also if somebody know if I can install chipping blade?

-- ljannard

------------------------------------------------------------------------ posted via

ljannard

Just bought this bolens 2136 with the 12HP I/C engine. The guy that I bought it from had it work on by somebody that doesn't know anything on these machine. He install new blades and tire but didn't adjust it, so the blade are too low even on they high setting + its cutting more on one side. Anyone can help with adjusting the eight of the blade and leveling the cutting deck? I try but its not fine to me. There adjustement at the front of the deck, 2 on the side and also 2 under the seat ?!? where do I start ? whats the eight of the deck at low setting? Should the side wheel contact the grass when cutting? Please help!!!! Also if somebody know if I can install chipping blade?

-- ljannard

------------------------------------------------------------------------ posted via

ljannard

Sounds to me like they put the wrong blades on. Ya know, some are flat all the way across and some are bent down on each end so they cut lower than where they attach to the spindle.

Reply to
Srgnt Bilko

I did check that, but the blade are flat. I wonder if there should be bend blade but upward! would that be possible?

-- ljannard

------------------------------------------------------------------------ posted via

ljannard

No - not a chance.

Reply to
Srgnt Bilko

Would someone konw where on the net I could find some info on how to adjust the level and eight of the deck?

-- ljannard

ljannard

Have you tried the Bolens site ? I just bought a Troy-bilt tiller new without paper work. Went to their site and found I could print out any owners manual I wanted.

Reply to
Srgnt Bilko