Black & Decker Electric Hedge Trimmer: Opinions On ?

Hi,

This isn't, probably, the best group for this question, but I figured you guys would know anyway.

Regarding those Black & Decker electric (not rechargeable) plug in hedge trimmers.

Home Depot has a 22 inch model for about $ 50.

Anybody ever use it ?

Would like, I think, a bit longer, but the 22 inch model is light enough for one handed usage, while the 24 and up models really aren't.

Opinions on ?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Robert11

For a few hours of use per year, they are just fine.

Reply to
Art

I've had one for about 3 years. Works fine. Had a shorter one for maybe

15 - 20 years, but was not cutting as well. Also had a Homelite combo set string trimmer and hedge trimmer with 2 batteries for only $100 that was nice for light work but batteries went and replacement from unknown source would have been $50. Hated to throw out 2 good machines. Would avoid battery operated units unless they had a reliable replacement source for reasonable price.
Reply to
Frank

It depends upon what you need to trim. I have one -- it works well on small diameter shrubs like ligustrum, but couldn't handle the thicker limbs on Firespike.

Reply to
JimR

Worked fine for me weekly on privet hedge for years. Still have it, still works.

Reply to
Darryl