Bilko got me thinking

got the rest of the onions in - and the blueberries, and the

> blackberries. Still have rasberries and corn to go. Watered the > transplanted honey suckle and lilacs. Gotta get the pump going from > the brook - we've been carting water so far.

Ya know you got me thinking, (A rare feat indeed)!!! I water the lawn with the hose as we have town water, and that fancy indoor plumbing too... I have a 1 3/4 hp pool pump AND a sump pump I used to use to pump washing machine water up six feet with.(electric) We have a stream that goes through the property, and I thought about hooking up one of those pumps with an adapter or two so I could attach it to my regular lawn hose. I was really excited about the whole idea, crap I must be getting old, I used to get excited about fast cars. anyway, I thought HEY free water for my lawn! but with the price of water out here, Southampton MA. we only pay about $42.00 a yearly quarter for our water anyway. I would bet I would spend more money on electricity to power the pump, our electric bill is about $200.00 a month already, 2 fridges, 2 dehumidifiers,

2 air,conditioners, 1 stand up freezer, and five computers (that we use regularly) It's just the two of us but for some reason we need all this..

but I digress, then I thought, go to the tractor supply and get a gas powered pump for $250.00 and pay for the gas too...nope.. So I guess it would be best to stick with the town water.... I was looking forward to a project to.. Maybe I should do something with the old Toro? a go-cart maybe?

Clark...

Reply to
Clark...

Still do. =P

If the creek has running water all of the time, you could make a small waterwheel to power the pump. If not, a couple oxen working a wheel could power it. Hell, using that idea, they'd probably have enough power to work a grist mill too, grinding pine nuts! =)

You could always make a mole killer out of it. =)

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

They makes pumps that run off a tractor PTO !! That'll take care of your "stinkin thinkin"

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

But then I would have to buy a tractor, and figure out what a PTO is, wait ain't that one of those things you see flying around in the sky and nobody knows what it is? Clark...

Reply to
Clark...

Build a Scalopus aquaticus slayer? Hmmm...

Clark...

Reply to
Clark...