best cash crop

What garden vegetables make the best cash crop?

Reply to
anoanto

anoanto wrote the following:

Do you mean other than the illegal ones?

Reply to
willshak

Asparagus, leeks, beets. Tomatoes and cucumbers are now cost effective because the stores are selling them by weight rather than count now.

I don't grow egg plants, peppers, carrots, squashes and most of the traditional garden vegetables. Too much work, too long growing season, too much space. I avoid things that involve bending over or a lot of weeding because of my back problems. And, I use black plastic film as a mulch.

Reply to
Stubby

Small Amish stand I visit concentrates on blueberries and rasberries and their jams. They have a large, screened off growing area right near the stand and stand is self serve so they do not man it. Another one up the road concentrates on tomatoes. Also self serve and he's usually sold out.

Reply to
Frank

I think there are no problems with that

-- dzenkinrob