battery tester question for mower batteries

The resistance type tester we can buy around $15 or so-----they tend to be 100amp or 50amp. Is this the load each resistance puts across them??? Assuming it is---any real problem with using a 50 amp rather than 100 amp? I guess battery size might be a factor. What else?
i use the hand held 100 amp on mower batteries. most mower batts are 175-350 amps .so i feel the 100 amp tester is the smallest to go. lucas