basic question about 2 cycle engines

do most small two cycle engines (like on trimmers) have reed valves?

Reply to
nucleus

No, they are usually piston ported.

Reply to
Chas Hurst

if there are no reed valves, then my problem must be the carb. engine will run a few seconds if i squirt a small amount of the gas/oil mixture into the spark plug hole, but will not run from the carb. i am positive fuel is getting to the carb because i made a separate tank with new tubing and the primer bulb draws properly and the overflow returns to the tank properly. also the engine will run a few seconds if i squirt a small amount of the gas/oil mixture into the carb opening.

i have disassembled the carb, blown out all passages, all diaphragms have no pinholes, but apparently the carb does not function. this particular carb is foreign (chinese, i guess) and i cannot find a source for a repair kit.

any suggestions how i can get this thing running?

Reply to
nucleus

What is on the carb? It should have a name and some letters and numbers. Walbro and Zama are the most popular. Also what kind of 2-cycle engine, by that I mean what piece of equipment is it on? ie: chainsaw, blower, trimmer, etc...

Reply to
Art

not a walbro or zama, if you have a cross reference for this carb so i can get a carb repair kit, please let me know. the carb markings are "RUI" followed by something that looks like "X" followed by "ING" and below that is the number 306019478. equipment is a "razorback g-scooter".

Reply to
nucleus

Here you go -

is an email address where you can ask about a carb kit. Complete carb is $40.00, complete motor $150.

Reply to
Art

most 2 cycle that run slow,5000 rpm have reeds, the ones that run 10,000 rpm do not have reeds.

ds549

Basic chinese disposable crap.

Reply to
Husky