basic question about 2 cycle engines

do most small two cycle engines (like on trimmers) have reed valves?

No, they are usually piston ported.
if there are no reed valves, then my problem must be the carb. engine will run a few seconds if i squirt a small amount of the gas/oil mixture into the spark plug hole, but will not run from the carb. i am positive fuel is getting to the carb because i made a separate tank with new tubing and the primer bulb draws properly and the overflow returns to the tank properly. also the engine will run a few seconds if i squirt a small amount of the gas/oil mixture into the carb opening.
i have disassembled the carb, blown out all passages, all diaphragms have no pinholes, but apparently the carb does not function. this particular carb is foreign (chinese, i guess) and i cannot find a source for a repair kit.
any suggestions how i can get this thing running?

nucleus wrote:

What is on the carb? It should have a name and some letters and numbers. Walbro and Zama are the most popular. Also what kind of 2-cycle engine, by that I mean what piece of equipment is it on? ie: chainsaw, blower, trimmer, etc...
--
Art

not a walbro or zama, if you have a cross reference for this carb so i can get a carb repair kit, please let me know. the carb markings are "RUI" followed by something that looks like "X" followed by "ING" and below that is the number 306019478. equipment is a "razorback g-scooter".

nucleus wrote:

Here you go - http://www.scooterx-gas-scooters.com/parts.htm There is an email address where you can ask about a carb kit. Complete carb is $40.00, complete motor $150.
--
Art

nucleus wrote:

Basic chinese disposable crap.
most 2 cycle that run slow,5000 rpm have reeds, the ones that run 10,000 rpm do not have reeds.