bark!

Hi I've been using redwood bark as a weed barrier for years, but I dont like the way it decays and builds up the level of the soil. Is there anything else I can use for a weed barrier short of that fabric stuff that wont decay? regards John

Reply to
John H.

Roundup.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

The decay is adding organic matter to the soil. How do the plants look? Nice & healthy for the most part?

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Try shredded hardwood mulch. There is some new stuff that is double shredded that can be obtained at a garden supply in bulk.

Thunder

Reply to
Rolling Thunder

Shredded wood will steal the nitrogen from your soil.

Reply to
Stubby

Call the timber police.

Reply to