B&S 35 classic on a push mower

Hi,

To transport my mower I folded the handle down and the pull cord started to retract back into the engine. Now I can not fold the handle back out as the pull cord seems to be jammed. Does anyone know of a release trick so I can pull the cord out again?

Many thanks in advance, Andy with long grass.

Reply to
Andy

Take the recoil start mechanism off, and take it to your local lawnmower shop, is the easiest advice I can give you. He'll fix it while you wait.

Reply to
Steveo

don't do that!! hold the handle down that you hold to keep the mower running and the cord will pull right out. just disconnect the plug wire first! Chip

Reply to
Chip Stein

Good thing I didn't explain how to fix a re-coil start. :)

Reply to
Steveo

Stevo and Chip,

Thanks both for your swift response. I will try again tonight.

Cheers, Andy.

Reply to
Andy

I couldn't wait until tonight. It works. Many, many thanks.

Andy,

Reply to
Andy