B&S 35 classic on a push mower

Hi,
To transport my mower I folded the handle down and the pull cord started to retract back into the engine. Now I can not fold the handle back out as the pull cord seems to be jammed. Does anyone know of a release trick so I can pull the cord out again?
Many thanks in advance, Andy with long grass.
"Andy" <Please reply to the group> wrote:

Take the recoil start mechanism off, and take it to your local lawnmower shop, is the easiest advice I can give you. He'll fix it while you wait.

don't do that!! hold the handle down that you hold to keep the mower running and the cord will pull right out. just disconnect the plug wire first! Chip
snipped-for-privacy@chipanddebby.com (Chip Stein) wrote:

Good thing I didn't explain how to fix a re-coil start. :)
Stevo and Chip,
Thanks both for your swift response. I will try again tonight.
Cheers, Andy.

I couldn't wait until tonight. It works. Many, many thanks.
Andy,