Apple Tree

Hi all, We would like to plant some apple trees in our back yard. Our local Home Depot & Lowes store has some dwarf trees for sale, The trees are about 5 ft tall & look pretty much just like twigs. My question is does anyone know how long trees like this will take to grow & produce fruit? Thanks for reading my post. Big Duke

We were surprised at how big our dwarf fruit trees got. And we were told to plant 10' apart - that turned out to be too close.