Anyone know JD Lawn Tractors?

Page 2 of 2
On Mon, 22 Jan '07, "Srgnt Billko" wrote:

Yours is a JD? What size/model? The only blade listed for mine ((190C) on the JD website is 46" wide and looks a little flimsy in the picture. Maybe the "frame" mentioned above refered to the attachment's frame?... and not the tractor's? <shrug> Looks like you raise/lower the blade from the driver's seat? What about blade angle? TIA Rick

I have a JD 110, 8 hp - but I was refering to my Wheelhorse C-81, 8 hp that I leave a blade on. I just use a snowblower and a moxer deck on the JD.
On Jan 25, 11:53 am, snipped-for-privacy@nospam.invalid wrote:

Maybe it's "flimsy" so it is damaged instead fo the tractor if Ya get rammy..You know,,plowing after a bottle of Jack or a bunch of beers used for personal "antifreeze"! NOT recommended..*grin* If You buy one without angle adjustment maybe an extension could be added to one side to push it out a bit more..The way it sounds tho Yer not supposed to try plowing that much snow with a small tractor so maybe no angle is normally needed..I'm kinda new to all this so just guessing.. Dean

I don't even hook the angle-adjust lever up any more - haven't after the first year or two that I had it. 46" is plenty. No guarantees if you can't be satisfied tearing off a small piece at a time :)
"Dean" wrote:

That's exactly what I was thinkin'. But at $276, I personally wouldn't consider it a "one use disposable" type.
"Srgnt Billko" wrote:

Considering the frame bending possibilities, I was thinkin' 46" may be TOO much. Another thing, the website states it's designed to be used only for snow. If that's true, I have no use for it (snow? HERE? not hardly). http://www.deere.com/en_US/ProductCatalog/HO/servlet/Attachment?attNmbr=BG20020&prodNmbr=SKU20401&tM=HO
As to blade angle, you can read the site two ways. Clearly it has three positions. But it's not clear to me whether the angle can be adjusted from the drivers seat or not.
Anyhow, I thought you meant you had used your JD for pushing instead of the Wheel Horse. I guess I'll be checkin' into this a bit more before I plunk down my hard earned $276.
Thanks for the info.
Rick

http://www.deere.com/en_US/ProductCatalog/HO/servlet/Attachment?attNmbr=BG20020&prodNmbr=SKU20401&tM=HO
See if there is an "old-time power" club near you. If so they usually have spring time auctions and flea markets where you can get good advice and pick up stuff like that for less than $100 in good shape. http://www.northerndutchess.com/hv-oldtimepower.htm
"Srgnt Billko" wrote:

Lots of "ol' timers" but no clubs that I can find.

aha! We're up to our ears in flea markets and garage sales. I'll keep a lookout. Thanks, Rick
message

shape.http://www.northerndutchess.com/hv-oldtimepower.htm- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -
Old time power looks to be a NE USA thing. Around here I just ask Folks I know and look around..The first two I found at work,,one at the Crazy Ladys' house and one at the office of My #1 customer,,both were "dead" but a battery cured the 1st and a machine key(back axel)and the same new battery cured the 2nd..My Son was on the 2nd after I got it running,,when He let out the clutch nuthin happened,,mucked around a bit then noticed the axel spinning in the wheel,,did'nt have mackine keys or even know that term but could see a possibility,,searched thru My tool box,,found a siding screw for steel building,,lined-up the keyway,stuck the screw in and told Son to try going,,He opened it up and popped the clutch and took off doin a wheelie!! I said "load er up I'm buyin it!".. Dunno if You guys can tell but I like tinkering with this stuff.. Dean