Anyone Have Excessive Oil Consuption on Sears Craftsman Kohler 26 HP Engine?

I have a new 54" 26 HP DG6000 garden tractorr that uses lots of oil (I have to add oil every hour or so). Anyone else have this problem?

I saw a whole string of posts re that machine elsewhere - not likely in here. Is it smoking or leaking ? For that kind of money I think I'd take it back toots sweet.

I have a major service call due Tu. to replace my transaxle, carburetor and drive belt on my 8 month old tractor. I think it is a lemon and Sears does not want to replace it. It has made noises and leaked oil (and thus may have run on low oil pressure???) since it was new. It leaks oil around the oil filter NO matter how tight it is and NO matter if it has been replaced. I am kicking myself for not demanding a replacement in the 90 day replacement period. I sure would appreciate it if you can direst me to the string of posts you saw on this machine, tremendously. Maybe that will give me enough information to force Sears to replace it now.
Thank You,
Dave