ants in lawn

In the past few years, I'm noticing more ant nests in lawns in western Massachusetts. Either I never noticed them before, or they're in an infestation mode. They make circular nets from 1 to 2 feet in diameter. In that circle all the grass will die. The nests rise only a little from the soil level.

Are they a new pest? What species are they, and is there some way to control them?

-- Joe Zorzin

Reply to
Joe Zorzin

have you tried any ant killer yet? Grants Liquid? I love the Grants liquids. You put it somewhere where they can get to it like in your case on a leaf or leafs that are on the ground near the hole or holes... youwant the liquid on something that won't suck the liquid up and I have found out that they do like fresh liquid better before it starts to dry out. If they like the liquid, they will be completly dead or gone in a day...

Joe Zorz> In the past few years, I'm noticing more ant nests in lawns in western

Reply to
Die Spammer !!!

Inject them with atropine, you've organophosphte'd em.

Or they may recover. That bait is usually coated with honey, so it attracts ants, they actually carry it back to the nest.

Put out fresh water and some food for the squirrels.

Reply to
Moparholic

Reply to
Nana Hoolie