Another oil plug story

Just put fresh gas in my Ariens walk behind and fired it up for the first time since last fall. Let it run for a few minutes and then tipped it up to drain and change the oil. This plug accepts the square driver of a 3/8" socket set. Came out very easy. Oil drained, fresh oil put in, and we are ready to go.
Srgnt Billko wrote:

where's the excitement, the challenge, the success of the achievement for having overcome the adversity?
did you leave that part of the story out?

Like, Billko, I'm thrilled when my Lawnboy starts in the spring and I know I'll get another season out of it ;) Frank

winter.
He has a way with recovery.

True - I needed my son or nephew to help me lift it up on a shelf for storage and we never got connected till the winter was half over and it was buried in snow.

Garage up?
alt.home.lawn.garden:

Any reason you change the gas before the oil?
Nil said:

Nil! What you doin' over in this neck of the woods? =)
And, I think the objective was to warm the engine so all of the oil would drain. ;)
--

Eggs

-There is always one more imbecile than you counted on.
alt.home.lawn.garden:

I get around-round-round-round, I get around. And I've got a terrible lawn, so I'm looking to see what other people do about theirs.

Ah, OK. And after I posted that I saw the earlier thread about the drain plug being stuck, so I guess that was part of the answer, too. I was planning to resuscitate my mower this weekend, but it's gotten cold again, so I can procrastinate for another week!
wrote in

Right - and no sense running old gas, which might include condensation, through the carb - plus it's just nice to know that the engine will start after sitting for a while.