Ammonium nitrate

My neighbor told me that he uses Ammonium nitrate to green up his lawn. He said he uses 34-0-0. I cannot find this anywhere. I also read on the internet that pure Ammonium nitrate is 40-0-0. I also can't find that either. Can anyone tell me where to find this? I'm willing to buy it online if I have too. I remember my father using it on our lawn when I was growing up.

Reply to
Curtis Frazier

It's often sold as ice melt. (42-0-0 urea)

Be very careful with this stuff, it will fry your lawn if used incorrectly.

Reply to
Moparholic

Ammonium Nitrate should never be used on a lawn. It's too strong and will burn at lease and kill at worst. It's normally used as a side dressing for row crops or as an ingredient in bombs. You want your lawn to green up fast, get slow release 24 -3-3 or similar lawn fertilizer.

Tom J

Reply to
Tom J

Reply to
Curtis Frazier

It's probably better if you can't find it anyway.

Reply to
Moparholic

Reply to
Texas Tomatoes