Ammonium nitrate

My neighbor told me that he uses Ammonium nitrate to green up his lawn. He said he uses 34-0-0. I cannot find this anywhere. I also read on the internet that pure Ammonium nitrate is 40-0-0. I also can't find that either. Can anyone tell me where to find this? I'm willing to buy it online if I have too. I remember my father using it on our lawn when I was growing up.

Be very careful with this stuff, it will fry your lawn if used incorrectly.
--
GO# 40
I'll be hard pressed to find ice melt in the deep south.

GO# 40

Ammonium Nitrate should never be used on a lawn. It's too strong and will burn at lease and kill at worst. It's normally used as a side dressing for row crops or as an ingredient in bombs. You want your lawn to green up fast, get slow release 24 -3-3 or similar lawn fertilizer.
Tom J
also, if your in an alkaline soil use ammonium sulphate instead.