amaryllis, did i kill it?

i was distracted today and never got outside to check on my greenhouse until it was too late. temps were up to 57C. some of my plants looked peaked but the amaryllis leaves looked like badly wilted lettuce. i immediately opened everything up and sprayed everything w/ a mist of water and then soaked each pot. i quickly got temps inside to 30 C. i think everything else will recover w/ no real damage done. however since the amaryllis looked so poor i afraid it will be a goner. i did sink the whole plants under water after i had everything else cooled down. and was going to let it soak for a few hours so that maybe the leaves will soak up some water it they aren't too cooked.

really my big question is that if the leaves are dead, can i just cut them off and put the bulbs into storage for a few months and then retry to grow them? or should it continue to try to grow them out now? sherm

Reply to
sherm