Almost Out of Control Cactus

I have a 'bunny ear' cactus that I bought at Home Depot last year that I never in a million years thought would last, even though I was determined to see what I could do with it. Well, a year later this thing is doing better than I could have imagined. Two transplants later, it is near needing another transplant to yet a bigger pot. This guy is doing so well that it is now starting to flop over from its own weight.
I want to stake it, but can't decide on how to do it so it won't end up looking like your average tomato plant (read that I would like it to look nice), and I would like to know if there is some way to make it grow more in the up direction, rather than the out direction everytime it sprouts two more 'ears'.
Personally I don't care if it ends up being three or four feet high (I actually think it would be kind of cool), but I gotta tame it somehow in the width department. Can these things be trained to grow in a certain direction? My wife is beginning to refer to it as 'Audrey", even though I have some fly traps that ain't doing bad either.
Try trimming its width...