Aha - Lawn Boy 7268

The Lawn Boy 7268 is a 2 cycle 21" mower that is over 20 years old. Thenty years is a lot for that item. Throw it away and get a new machine.
Srgnt Billko wrote:

built. Cast aluminum deck, F-series 2-cycle engine with a cast iron cylinder liner, needle bearings for mains and on the big end of the rod... The carb wasn't much but it worked okay. If you decide to throw it away, throw it my way. If it ever needs it, you can probably buy new rings , bearings and a reed for less than $20 and rebuild the engine.
--
Art

Really - I'm not familiar with 2 cycle mowers - but I did have several 2 cycle 3 cylinder Saabs that bragged about longevity because they ony had 9 moving parts. That was a crock. None of them lasted any where near half what the 4 cycle motors were lasting. So I'll defer to your more related experience on this one.
Sarge