Advice re old hand push mower

Hi all,
I am seeking advice to find the history about an old lawn mower that a friend has. I have tried looking at ebay hoping to find something similar - none that I could see. I have also searched google to try and find a website that may help. We have taken the mower to our local mower shop and the owner has never seen anything quite like this style. It is not the usual push mower as it has blades that move from side to side - like a shaver. Is there a collectors group that anyone knows about that I could contact - and send a pic to for some help?
Any help would be most appreciated. Di Maloney Please reply group or To reply direct, please remove '1' from email address - snipped-for-privacy@alphalink.com.au
Maloney Empire wrote:

I think you may be talking about a style referred to as "reciprocating knife" or "sickle bar". Does yours look like the 1st picture ("Push sickle bar mower (1890's") on this page?
http://www.turf-tec.com/History-3.html
Also, you might check out the following, it's in the U.K. but . . .
http://www.oldlawnmowerclub.co.uk/index.htm