Advice: lawnmower stalls when moved

Its a Scotts Turf-Vac with 6.5 HP Intec OVC engine. Its John Deere...supposed to be a good brand! Worked great until recently. Now it suddenly cuts off when you move the mower. As long as it sits still, level, it will run fine. If you lift the left wheels off the ground, or lift it up off the rear wheels, it is fine. But if you tilt it back so the front wheels come up, or lift up the right wheels, it stops. Ideas? Every time I take a mower in for repair I can count on a monimum of $60...so I need to figure this out and fix myself. Geronimo

Reply to
geronimo

Gas cap vent? Loosen the cap for a test.

Oren

Reply to
Oren