Add Headlights

I want to add lights to my Cub Cadet z-force to get some later mowing during the week, instead of giving up the weekends. Any recommendations? Thanks Doug B.

Reply to
Doug B.

Shouldn't be a problem. My nephew adds lights to every machine he comes by that doesn't already have them - snowblowers, tractors, etc.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

Some care should be taken to be certain you don't exceed the alternator or regulator capacity. I made that that mistake with my John Deere 650 compact utility tractor. I was working long hours and still had a 3 acre pasture to maintain. I hung a light bar with 2 halogen lights (the small rectangular ones) & was in pig heaven till the regulator blew. Apparently it was designed for the included lighting and no more, perhaps that is why the included lighting is so hopelessly inadequate.

Reply to
Eric in North Texas

I see some people already addressed the possible over current of your altenator, so this will help my suggestion better.

I've seen friends load up their moutain bikes with lights to turn night into day. I would suggest you look for 'mountible' lights, that run on battery(a few hours on a single charge).

hth,

tom @

Tom The Great