About to give up

After years of trying to get a decent bit of rear lawn - I am at th

point of gracefully admitting defeat. Half the lawn is swampy wet mos of the year,the other half bone dry. Added to this the kids, dogs, cat and now !***! moles continually try to find new ways of trying m patience. Naturally with all this rain the area is as much mud a grass. So no Wimbledon turf for me this year - but does anyone know really hardy / quick growing grass seed (indestructible) that ca survive my problems - so long as the lawn is tough and green - tha will do me for now

-- wibble

Reply to
wibble

If moles are a problem consider Castor Beans, planted at various spots and around perimeter of property. They are attractive too, giving a tropical look. In cooler zones they are more of an annual, but do re-seed and will pop up the next spring. Over many years I have had a huge success with them reducing my mole problems. Do be careful in handling the seeds and plants, as they are very toxic plants. They love plenty of sun & do like moist soil as well. Will keep growing until the first frost. An interesting and attractive plant.....

Reply to
KNOX2000

Do you have a septic problem? Seems like the dry ground is draining t the low ground, hence water is collecting. No simple solution. Eve think about cutting and filling the soil to level off the area or ca you drain the area that is collecting water off to a lower point, bu not into your neighbors yard? There has to be a reason why the water i collecting, besides poor drainage. Where is the water coming from? Tha is where you should start. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Do yo have weeping willows across the pond? They will suck up water

-- bullthistle

Reply to
bullthistle