A sliver of turf between the driveway and the sidewalk

Hi I have a semi circular driveway and next to it is the sidewalk. This is what it looks like:

widest spot in the middle is about 18" wide. Any suggestions as to what I should do there? Should I plant something? or should I dig up the soil and then level it with concrete and put it out of it's misery?

Location is zone 10b, Miami, Florida.

MC

Reply to
MiamiCuse

Out of its misery I'd say. Is that your other driveway on the left, or the neighbors?

Reply to
Steveo

Reply to
MiamiCuse

Concrete it. You'll save yourself a lot of screwing around in the long run.

BTH

Reply to
BT Humble

I disagree with the concrete it over bunch, just cause I do that ;-). I am betting that there is really crappy dirt in there now. I would dig it all out and replace it with good soil down maybe a foot or so. Then plant a nice ground cover that can withstand being tramples on a bit and is hardy for your zone. This could turn out nice if you give it a chance I am thinking.

I think it will be easier and if it still fails, you can always concrete it over later on (but you cannot go the other way). Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

driveway and next to it is the sidewalk. This

I'd probably plant some vegetation, like very small, slow growing shrubs, small ornamental grass, etc, then mulch or stone it. I think that would look better than continuous concrete that likely won't match either area perfectly.

Reply to
trader4

I might just gravel it over, and make is some type of zen rock garden.

tom @

Just Joshin

I am a lurker here- We just moved from a condo into a home where we now have a "real" yard, and I am excited about working in it.

About your patch- I don't know where you are, but what about tea roses? I assume you're in Miami. Or some ornamental flower that doesn't have large roots.

KS

Reply to
kdsexton