A post NOT about my mower but about pine trees and new grass.

I was told by my neighbor that in both cases with grass and moss, I should just lime the heck out of my property. He has told me that he has limed the heck out of his property ( we have lots of pine trees ) and it worked for him. I'm assuming he is right, and the new grass at $40.00 a bag times 5 is dying even with allot of water.
put it this way I read the bag and it ain't working...
Eggs?
Clark

Steveo wrote:

Oh god no. you want me to trust real people and real analysis, instead of trusting people in a newsgroup, maybe a million miles away, that I don't even really know? I just know I have lots of pine trees, the lime treatment seems to be working for neighbor, so?
Clark

Carry on.
Steveo wrote:

Yes Sir ! :-)
Clark

lime even slower than that. Your neighbor may have been treating his longer so it has had time to work.
Red
Clark said:

Lime probably wouldn't hurt, although I'm not sure how long you'd have to wait (if at all) after seeding before applying it. When did you plant?

Lime will definately help counter the acidity of the pine needles.

Didn't anyone tell you that seeding in the summer wasn't a good idea? =P

It works. Read it again. =P

Prolly better to ask Steveo or trader. They know way more about turfgrass maintainence than I do. =)
--

Eggs

Can a storm be officially designated as a tornado without touching down at
Eggs Zachtly wrote:

yea, including you, my father, and the bag of grass, but the front lawn looked like a dust bowl.

I have A.D.D. and I'm dyslexic, so I'm not really doing that bad really. (it takes me two days to respond to these post sometimes) lol

I hope Oevets and Redart will contribute to this thread. :-p
Clark