A post NOT about my mower but about pine trees and new grass.

I was told by my neighbor that in both cases with grass and moss, I should just lime the heck out of my property. He has told me that he has limed the heck out of his property ( we have lots of pine trees ) and it worked for him. I'm assuming he is right, and the new grass at $40.00 a bag times 5 is dying even with allot of water.

put it this way I read the bag and it ain't working...

Eggs?

Clark

Reply to
Clark

June, yea I planted in June, but I have been watering

yea, including you, my father, and the bag of grass, but the front lawn looked like a dust bowl.

I have A.D.D. and I'm dyslexic, so I'm not really doing that bad really. (it takes me two days to respond to these post sometimes) lol

I hope Oevets and Redart will contribute to this thread. :-p

Clark

Reply to
Clark

Have you tried a soil analysis?

Reply to
Steveo

Oh god no. you want me to trust real people and real analysis, instead of trusting people in a newsgroup, maybe a million miles away, that I don't even really know? I just know I have lots of pine trees, the lime treatment seems to be working for neighbor, so?

Clark

Reply to
Clark

Lime probably wouldn't hurt, although I'm not sure how long you'd have to wait (if at all) after seeding before applying it. When did you plant?

Lime will definately help counter the acidity of the pine needles.

Didn't anyone tell you that seeding in the summer wasn't a good idea? =P

It works. Read it again. =P

Prolly better to ask Steveo or trader. They know way more about turfgrass maintainence than I do. =)

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

It sounds like you will need lime. (why test it?)

Carry on.

Reply to
Steveo

Yes Sir ! :-)

Clark

Reply to
Clark

Powdered lime leaches thru average soil about 1" per year, pelletized lime even slower than that. Your neighbor may have been treating his longer so it has had time to work.

Red

Reply to
Red