Latest threads in Backyard Gardenersshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Mower only starts with air filter off
I have an older snapper mower. About 17+ years, like the way it cuts. Can anyone suggest how to set the carborator. I have to take the air filter off and keep the throtle in the fast position. If I...
1
1

What's a good new rider for a limited budget?
Basically what the subject says. I have a 20 year old Lawn Chief that now is breaking down every time I mow. I have up to two thousand (but wouldn't mind spending less) to spend on a mower and a...
5
5

Rideing lawn mowing
Hi all, do anyone out there know of a site to help repair a rideing lawn mower? got this one from a friend been setting up for a year problem cannot shift the gears. but can jack it up and turn the...
3
3

French Napoleonic Lancer of Imperial Guard Planter head [EBay]
Napoleonic Lancer of Imperial Guard Planter head Represents one of Napoleon's elite cavalry units. Measures 13" to top of pom-pom, 10" wide. About 3 lbs. Ceramic pottery head in excellent condition....
1
1

Help - Replacement Craftsman mower deck
Hi: Hoping that someone can offer a suggestion on this: I have an old (25 years?) Craftsman lawn mower - not sure the model but I think I can find out. The mower runs like a top, but the deck is on...
6
6

ideas and help needed
Would appreciate some thoughts on solutions to a problem. I have a large concrete parking area in back of the house. I use it as a workspace for a number of different projects. A variety of machines...
3
3

Vinca (Periwinkle) Issues
Help! I am having some issues here with Vinca (aka periwinkle). I have a nice patch of it next to my pool and it is infested with clover. I've been pulling the clover but I can't get ahead of it. Any...
1
1

Mow, mow, mow
Bilko mows and posts a pic at the new blog http://mysite.verizon.net/vzet83bg/tractorguy/
3
3

Chick weed
Anyone aware of a selective weed killer for chickweed?
6
6

Grass spray to stunt growth?
Does a chemical exist that one could spray on grass to slow down its growth.... yet not kill it? And can a consumer buy it?
8
8

Longer weed like grass growing through our lawn.
Our new lawn has lots of weeds that are sprouting up in it that look like grass only they grow at a much faster rate. My father in law said it was Timothy grass, but I'm not sure. I sprayed a weed and...
5
5

sprinkler system issues
I have a five circuit sprinkler system comprised of mixed types of heads. Everything seems to be pretty good except for three of the pop up heads. These are in a large, vase-like plastic holder, with...

shredding
I have just ruined my Mountfield shredder. Over adjusted it and smashed the insides to 100 pieces. I over adjusted it by accident because I was unhappy with its performance. Any green material just...
2
2

Disked the garden
Towed a disk harrow around the garden today with a Massey Harris Pony - but I don't have the picture up yet on the blog.
1
1

Rose of Sharon: How to reproduce ASAP
I've got a purple flowering Rose of Sharon thats almost 50 years old. It has 3 main trunks coming up for the central point. Two of those are held together with bolts, the third has had its bark...