Latest threads in Backyard Gardenersshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

where are the honey bees?
My new cherry tree NW of Baltimore didn't seem to have many bugs fertilizing it. Just 4 when I looked, two honey bees and two other things about half as big and all black. Is this because of the...
26
26

Straw-like grass ruining my lawn!
Dear All, I have a bit of a problem with my lawn! 4 weeks ago it was looking really green and lush as you can see in the picture. I had mowed it on a high setting as recommended for the first few mows...
1
1

what grass???
What is the best grass for my lawn?
5
5

Garden problem
I would be grateful for any sound advice to my current garden issue. I moved into my property 18 months ago and the garden had been poorly maintained, overgrown and heavily populated by weeds. Last...
6
6

Maple tree 3 feet from house
I have a tiny lot, 1/20th of an acre, iirc, including the space the house is on. It's a town house, end of group. The first owner did great landscaping but some things have died. I've planted some...
9
9

How often should I put iron on my lawn
In the professional turf. Industry iron is applied every 4- 6 weeks how often do you think a household lawn needs it?
4
4

cylinder v rotary
It occours to me that we would all like the finish of a cylinder mower but most wont Pay the price tag. If cylinder mowers were the same price as rotarys, would you buy one or is price the only...
1
1

Beautiful tree in bloom
Anyone have an idea what this one is? Seen it along the central Oregon coast. Thanks folks! Willie http://imageshack.com/a/img835/303/xjdr.jpg
1
1

Harrier 56 Throttle
Hi all, im wondering if i can pick some of your brains a touch. I acquired a Hayter Harrier 56 today from a friend as my mower gave up the ghost. The Harrier has been sat around for over 5 years maybe...
2
2

Suffolk Punch 35s not starting
Hello all - i purchased a second hand suffolk punch 35s petrol lawnmower a few months ago. - It's been a great mower though currently it's stopped working/firing over. thought maybe it was because i...

Moss + dogs = lawn disaster
Hi all, I have live in a flat in a very soggy part of Scotland and we have a shared lawn out our back. The garden is a reasonably nice space to be thanks to a neighbour who has since moved out and...

Attack on cherry tree
I hope you'll bear with me, confirm or contradict my assumptions, and answer any questions you have answers for. I planted a cherry tree almost a year ago, and actualy got about 20 cherries from it...
5
5

Lawn help!
Hi all, My first post after reading around the forum. I have a problem with my lawn.. I live in a new build house, and turff was laid approx April 2013, I done everything to care for the lawn...
1
1

Lawn mower ready
Shop called today and said mower service complete. Took it in three weeks ago, well in advance of the season because I learned in the past that if you do it when first needed it would take three weeks...

New food nutrition labels, your govt at work...
The FDA estimates the cost of the new food labeling requirements will be $2bil. Another unbelievable example of what big govt costs us all. The changes? Increase the font size of the calories. List...
4
4