Latest threads in Backyard Gardenersshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

dead shrub question
Got a really full skirted cedar tree approx 7' high. This thing has died suddenly on us. Is there any reason for me not to cut the trunk off below surface level, and then just smooth over the hole?...
4
4

cukes & squash
Picked my first cucumbers this week - and our first squash and zuchinni. Nothing like really fresh veggies.
5
5

Lawn advice please
I raked the thatch off a patch of lawn and it looks a little bare now. What should i put down to rejuvenate it?
2
2

Canister Sprinkler Head?
Is there a sprinkler head type called a "canister"? Thanks in advance!!

Recommendation please - gasoline engine driven leaf blower
My leaf blower bit the dust and looking to buy a new one either hand held or back back ... any recommendation based on personal experience? Thanks.
7
7

Looking for experienced person with Scag
I have been evaluating mowers for the last three weeks and have found a lot of info' about various brands, some good but a lot not so good. I thought I was interested in a Cub Cadet zero turn with a...
8
8

Reliable used pick-up trucks
This isn't quite a lawn question, but it is related. Plus, I knew I could count on the collective wisdom of this group. I am looking to buy a small to medium used pick-up truck between now and next...
3
3

Re: The new lawn tractor is home, Ok thanks for busting my balls, links with pics of (some grass)
OK warning, yes there is still Christmas lights on the house, after all it's only July. Please note this is our first full year in this house and we still have a lot of work to do. The roof, finish...
4
4

Question about temporary decking
I've got a paved patio but water tends to lay on the surface a bit due to the texture of the stone. With all this rain I'm looking for something to put down so that people don't have to walk in...
7
7

John Deere LT 120 starting
I have a JD LT 120 and from the day I have had it , it starts up slow. That is I have to turn the starter for about 15 seconds or more to get it to start the first time I use it for the day. After...
2
2

The new lawn tractor is home
It didn't even fall of the trailer!!!! I told the old Toro I was not replacing her, just putting her into semi-retirement [IMG] not started it yet. Clark http://i8.tinypic.com/644xjro.jpg/IMG]have
2
2

flower mats
Has anyone ever tried those flower mats, those things you roll out that have seeds in them and you just water? Just wondering if they really work out. Carolyn

Wrong fuel on mower.
This is what happens when you put the wrong octane fuel in your mower....

quiet in here
so quiet in here it's creepy I get to pick up the lawn tractor tomorrow, can't wait. Clark
1
1

Add Garden site to garden directory A2
Submit you Garden site, Suggest Garden link, Add Garden Url, Submit Garden Url, Suggest Garden Site, Add Garden Link, Submit you Garden site, Suggest Garden link, Add Garden Site to Garden...