Latest threads in Backyard Gardenersshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Lawn question
I'm new here, but from the group name, it seems to be the place for this. We recently bought a home in rural Southern Utah. Zone 10. It is basically sand dunes on top of lava caps and caliche. Our...
22
22

from a dead looking stick
3 years ago a friend gave us a dead looking stick and told us if we planted the stick in the ground and watered it once a day for two weeks we'd get a Confederate Rose bush. I decided to play along...
24
24

Pythium root rot
I was told by a tech at the county extension service that my St. Augustine lawn was 'probably' suffering from pythium root rot. She gave me some info on it, and the chemicals are listed, but no...

Who sells snowblowers (snow-throwers) in Michigan?
What are some names of big-box (and medium-box) stores in Michigan (Detroit to Port-Huron area) that sell snowblowers? Here in Ontario, nobody sells snowblowers in the $500 to $1100 price range (which...
22
22

Burned Grass with pesticides--what to do next.
Hi, Every year I use pesticides on my lawn to get rid of weeds and they work very well. I buy a liquid concentrated formula, than mix it with water and apply to grass. This year I also used them....
14
14

Please help me identify this lawn-looking WEED. THANKS.
We found above lawn-looking THING in our garden for awhile now and we are tired of picking it out and putting new seed on. Can somebody please identify what this is and recommand me what weed- control...
2
2

live oak seeds
I was looking at the live oak acorns (seed) that are falling in abundance now. They all have little holes about 1/16". Is that normal or am I infested with something?
4
4

Create a light scheme for your garden
The garden is fast being considered to be an extension to your living space and homeowners are putting as much effort into creating a harmonious environment outside as they are inside. Garden lighting...

Super A starter
Just got the call, it's ready for me to pick up. - $89 for rebuilding it and replacing the attached mechanical switch. I am very happy with that - will pick it up and stick it back in the tractor...
1
1

cordless drill batteries - Milwaukee recall
If anyone missed it. I was over at Harbor Freight and was checking the recalls on their tools. One safety recall was for Milwaukee 14.4 v and 18 v NiCd battery packs manufactured between Sept 1999 and...
2
2

Interesting Gardening Sites...
Hi Folks, Do you know of any interesting gardening sites to add to Thanks, - Jeff - http://www.odd-sites.com
8
8

Ping: Steveo
Is Mopey back? You seem to have a fan, again. =)
4
4

Can I transplant my fescue?
My front yard looks absolutely awesome with some very rich deep green fescue. I had the sod laid a year and a half ago. Got it through the amazingly hot summer and now it thrives. Can I take a few 6"...
1
1

Craftsman 5hp trac. any good?
I am considering trading my Toro 8/24 for a Craftsman 5/24 trac. And I am wondering if they are any good. Now before you beat the crap out of me, let me explain. We don't get monster snow storms, but...
2
2

Garden is plowed
Started up the old (50's) Farmall Cub - put the plow on and turned two gardens under. Always a fun thing to do. I don't understand when farmers say they can't get American help and need to depend on...