Latest threads in Backyard Gardenersshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Shrub Disease
I planted 4 shrubs (euonymus [albo-marginata], green inner leaves and pale yellow on the outside) a couple years ago and they were doing fine. They are now about 2.5/3 feet high by about 2 feet wide....
3
3

Fall Fertilzer
Hi all I live I western Md when is it too late to put down fall Fertilizer
1
1

bird feeders
I've always wanted a bird feeder in the back yard, so I can watch pretty little birds feeding and singing. I put up a large bird feeder with sunflower seed type feed. And I waited, and waited some...
9
9

Composting roadkill
Today's news reports several NY counties are putting roadkill deer in their compost piles. Seems very strange to me.
13
13

flymo or Mountfield, and Rotovators
Dear All, I have quite a large lawn, seperated into 4 parts, some trees an brushes interspersed, and one large section on a 15deg slope. About 3/ acre in total. I am in a muddle whether to buy a hover...

Chopping up leaves
Good or bad for a lawn?? Bob
9
9

how to winter my 'Russian Sage'
The plants I cut back (as recommended) last fall didn't do well. Only half survived the Chicago Winter. I planted new this spring from very good nursery. They grew, but not a lot. They didn't fill in...
2
2

House and Garden mag, along with its website, is gone.

Mildew on new lawn.
Hi ti you all. I laid a seeded turf lawn a month ago and have noticed in the last wee that it has about a dozen small patches (around 4" circles) of wha looks like also has that earthey smell that a...
8
8

Grooves in trunk of palm tree
I think this is a king palm (not 100% sure). Here are some photos I just = took today to show a possible problem. Up until today I thought this = was normal, but when I push on the tree, it sway very...
30
30

Do you compost
We recently moved out in the country. Nothing to do but we had to make a compost pile. I admit, it's a handy place for garbage we would usually put in the can for a week. Yech! Does it work? How much...
31
31

North Facing Lawn
Hi, I have a lawn that is North facing and gets no sun during the winte months. Its very damp and and I even get the odd mushroom growing. Th grass gets very patchy and thin during these months and I...
17
17

Report on Snapper Rear Engine Riding Mower Series 23
Bottom Line: I am very, very disappointed in my mower and will never consider another Snapper product. Executive Summary: Failed me twice in the first two years of light use - I mean failed as in had...
8
8

gothic gardens
hello everyone from i want to write a guide for my website about these types of gardens: fairy gardens halloween night gardens cemetery gardens maze gardens medival gardens and other dark flowers and...

Does anyone know what kind of plant this is?
My neighbor is growing it, and she doesn't know the name of it either. Here are some pictures:
2
2