Latest threads in Backyard Gardenersshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

We put leaves under peach
tree (after a couple inches of frost) to cover the roots, slow down thaw, protect against early budding that could be lost to a late frost. Done yesterday with leaves bagged an saved for that purpose...

How do I get rid of moss
The upper side of my berry patch is solid moss. There is nothing planted on it now and it in a well drained area. Is there a way to get rid of it? What does so much moss indicate? Thanks . Stan
11
11

Seed catalogues
are arriving. Getting anxious. Will order a couple things from Jung's to get started.
2
2

I ran over a rock with my lawnmower. Help!
Hi Does anyone know why my lawnmower won't start after I ran over a roc with it?? I changed the fuse but that didn't help. Please help! -- pepipootles
21
21

help identify shrub and possible disease
I have shrub in my yard and it's almost completely covered in white spots. I don't know what type of shrub it is or what the white spots are. Can anyone help identify what type of shrub this is and...
2
2

electric chipper shredder
Anyone ever use one of these things. I was looking around and found them on ebay for 150. Are they worth a darn or not?
8
8

PTO front belt brakes
This applies to front PTO shaft driven decks: the brake on front PTOs is to help stop the belt revolution once the idler pulley is released. Start the deck drive, the brake is off. Turn the deck drive...
2
2

Motion Sensors and Fog
I figure yard lights are part of everybody's experience here, so hopefully somebody will have an idea! Now that its 50 degrees and extremely humid foggy here in Milwaukee, I've begun having problems...

who just bought a driveway torch? Sarge? and any stories yet?
How is it working and have you barbecued any rodents yet? Clark...
1
1

basic question about 2 cycle engines
do most small two cycle engines (like on trimmers) have reed valves?
7
7

log splitter Q
anyone use one of those sliding hammer log splitters? If so what do you think of them. I have a small amount of wood to split and dont need a big thing. Also would prefer to do it the easiest way...
3
3

What to do
After all of the holiday stuff is done and after you have waxed the lawnmowers and cleaned the garage what does everyone else do during the winter? I like being outside but right now it is too cold. I...
4
4

gardens and nature
gardens and nature And God said to St. Francis: GOD: St. Francis, you know all about gardens and nature. What in the world is going on down there? What happened to the dandelions, violets, thistle and...

Merry Christmas to all my buddies
Thanks for the great tips and humor! Hope everyone has a safe and pleasant holiday. Sam

The War on Lawn Decorations
Violent deflation. Sounds painful.
2
2