Latest threads in Backyard Gardenersshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

wanted jp mk5 / m4 handbooks
Hello all, new to forum, I am looking for an owners handbook for two old jp cylinder mk v which had the lightweight villiers 515h engine and the mk iv whic had the older mk 12 engine thanks Richi --...

Watering with soft water
I believe that the hose bibs on the outside of my house are hooked to the soft water system. Is there any disadvantage to watering with soft water? They're about to turn on the irrigation water system...
55
55

Mossy, uneven patchy lawn on (very) sandy soil
I recently moved house. The new house has an awful back garden. Th lawn is patchy and full of moss. The soil beneath the lawn ranges fro almost pure sand to a light, sandy topsoil. (I live in Holland...
2
2

Any Generic Crabgrass Preventers?
Anyone know if there is a generic (and less expensive) version of Halts out there? The home depot price of Scotts Halts is about $130 per acre of coverage.
2
2

well question
At the top of a 40' well, we have a check valve prior to pump. With the check valve below the pump, can a hand pump be put on and used with the electrci pump?
21
21

Briggs and Stratton boycott!
Their products aren't that good, and they like to cripple americans. How can we support that?
10
10

Sandburrs... ouch !
Living in Austin Tx and the stickers will be here soon. Question: Is there anything I can apply to my lawn to rid it of these nasty sandburs ? Half of my yard is burrs, and the other is St. Augustine....
2
2

Sap is cooking
Our first run is collected and cooking. Looking (and smelling) good so far.
1
1

Flymo Quicksilver 40S
I've recently moved house and brought myself a new petrol Flymo. I'm fixing it together and have a problem with the engine break cable The cable goes up the "arms" to the crossbar and there is nothing...

Laying grass seeds
I was told that if you put grass seeds in a bucket of water for 24 hour before sowing - this helps give them a helping hand . Is there any trut in this -- wibble
2
2

Maple trees tapped
finally - a couple weeks later than normal because the days haven't been warm enough.
1
1

Landscaping Shrubs: Spruce Up Your Yard
When people pass by your house or they come to visit, the first thing you notice is your yard. Landscaping truly does make the yard and it's what makes people stop and take notice.

Seeding a lawn
In a few weeks I plan on seeding my backyard with Argentine Bahia. Last summer I seeded my front yard successfuly but it took a lot of work because of the enormous amount of weed seeds in Central...
1
1

Lawnmower Questions - Gas vs. Electric for Replacing 30 year old too haevy mower.
The almost 30 year old Sears gas mower with the huge 3.5 hp Tecumseh (sp?) is again in need of a rebuild. Needs a new deck as rust has just aout killed the current (second) deck. Also needs a repair...
18
18

BIG Lawnmower problem HELP!
Hello everybody, First of all I need to say that I'm a complete idiot and ver embarrassed! Yesterday I bought my first petrol lawnmower and in the rush to get i working and the lawn mowed while it was...
4
4