Latest threads in Backyard Gardenersshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Cats fouling in grass
Anybody got any idea how to stop house cats fouling on my lawn? I have a small strip of grass that is constantly being ruined by cats. I've tried various anti cat pellets from DIY stores and I also...
6
6

Bolens in Australia
Hi, i have a Bolens ST3016h, i'm looking for an Australian distributor for possible parts and am looking for optional addons especially a tiller. Thanks Gary

Problem With Craftsman Rider
My neighbor has a 6-year old rider with a Kohler engine, he says. This year, unlike previous years, he finds that as he cuts his half-acre, the engine wants to cut out. He suspects gas flow because he...
3
3

Ride-on from the states
I have just bought a new John Deere LA115 from a dealer in Long Islan USA, just wondering if anyone knows if anything has to be changed o the mower to run over here. I heard that the spark plugs might...
1
1

Water Fountains: Compare Prices
Water Fountains: Compare Prices Find Bargains on Water Fountains and other Outdoor Fountain Decor. Get tax and shipping information, merchant ratings, and professional product reviews at Fountains -...

irrigation well question
Have an irrigation well with 30' depth, 2" pump input and check valve, 1.5hp pump. This setup has delivered great water for the system. Saturday, the pump ran but nothing coming out. Went ahead and...
2
2

Staghorn Sumac
Living in a wilderness area, I have run across a type of tree which grows wild around here, in little groves that look like island of little palm trees, with a long straight trunk , no limbs, and a...

Can someone identify this grass please
Hi, I've found some patches of grass that grow really fast and I wonder if someone could identify it for me please. How to get rid of it would be nice to know too. Pictures are here: in advance,...
5
5

Invincible Weed? I hope not!
I have been fighting a weed for a few years now, all to no avail. It is sometimes called 'wiregrass'. sometimes 'witchgrass', I think. It grows long 'stringers' below and above ground, and when I pull...
6
6

Iseki service manual
I am trying to track down a service manual or exploded drawings for a Iseki Sg 173 ride-on mower. Can anyone help? More specifically, in th operators manual concerning transmission oil it shows where...
1
1

outdoor portable water fountain question----power strip
Hi, I have several outdoor water fountains that I made.. I would like to run all at the same time.. I have power outdoors with 2 outlets.. I would like to buy a powerstrip and the any required...
2
2

Feedback from Garden Pros
I recently finished an addition to that gives landscape and garden professionals the opportunity to publish their portfolios online with unlimited pictures and a direct web link. My website is small...

Nut Grass
Is there a pre-emergent that kills or helps control Nut grass? I went to the local Lesco and picked up Manage (by Mansanto) The directions say to "add 2 teaspoons nonionic surfactant" I have no idea...
10
10

Help on trimmer
I have an echo 210 which will run at idle, but never higher when you accelerate it. Steps to help figure out what to do? Thanks
3
3

Wheel weights on the Craftsman dys 4500
I gotta tell you, since I bypassed the seat kill switch and I added wheel weights to the lawn tractor, I have really enjoyed the thing. The 4500 feels a lot more stable when on a slope and when towing...
4
4