5 hp power briggs and stratton

I'm trying to get an old 5 hp briggs and stratton motor to start on
rototiller that I bought at a yard sale. I took off the pull start cover an noticed a black wire that is not connected to anything. Does anybod know where this wire should be connected? Also, I want to clean th carb and I wonder how to get replacement gaskets for the carb where i attaches to the motor???
thanks, Shawn
5 hp power briggs and stratto
-- shawn10 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- shawn100's Profile: http://homeimprovement.mylounge.us/member.php?userid 70 View this thread: http://homeimprovement.mylounge.us/showthread.php?t181

Probably a kill wire which goes to the magneto. You usually pull this wire to check the magneto. If it starts, it's in the wiing, if not the mag is shot.

http://wss.lookupparts.com/Scripts/EmpartISAPI.dll?MF
Select the manufacturer in the specific catalog, then the specific engine and then the gasket. Probably should rebuild the carb as well.