5 hp power briggs and stratton

I'm trying to get an old 5 hp briggs and stratton motor to start on

rototiller that I bought at a yard sale. I took off the pull start cover an noticed a black wire that is not connected to anything. Does anybod know where this wire should be connected? Also, I want to clean th carb and I wonder how to get replacement gaskets for the carb where i attaches to the motor???

thanks, Shawn

5 hp power briggs and stratto

-- shawn10

this thread:

usenet

Probably a kill wire which goes to the magneto. You usually pull this wire to check the magneto. If it starts, it's in the wiing, if not the mag is shot.

the manufacturer in the specific catalog, then the specific engine and then the gasket. Probably should rebuild the carb as well.

Reply to
Midwest Div