Latest threads in Backyard Gardenersshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Toro Multicycler 650 series 48cms
Hello all, this is my first post here and i was wondering if anyone has had the use of one of these machines? I bought mine just before last christmas from B&Q when i thought i bought a bargain as it...

Grass Seed
One of my local stores was selling a "special" grass seed that was bright green. Each piece of seed was supposedly wrapped in a mulch and a fertilizer of some kind, and it was supposed to grow faster...
4
4

Bees invaded my little outdoor frog habitat (how to get rid of bees)
How can I get rid of the bees that just invaded my little frog habitat? For months, I've been watching the tadpoles grow, and the mosquito fish swim in a tiny 3-foot long by 10-inch wide by ten inch...
9
9

Building Steps on dirt slope/ questions
I plan to build some steps into a sloped hill, using timbers. I had some built about ten years ago, and used PT lumber rated for ground contact, which was .8 penetration level. I know that the...
9
9

Advice please - Self-propelled walk-behind petrol-driven mowers
Hello all At present I use a 2-stroke push-it-yourself mower which after nearly 20 years is slowly getting too weak. I am considering a new 4-stroke self-propelled walk-behind machine but have no...
3
3

Mile A Minute vine
In the last couple of years, the Mile A Minute vine (Polygonum Perfoliata) has invaded the lower Hudson Valley. I first saw it last year when it was growing along the edge of my property which borders...

Grass repair
Any ideas on the fastest way to repair a bad patch on my lawn? There is one spot (maybe the size of two basketballs) where the grass turned brown and died. I need to reseed this, and I'd like to do it...
5
5

Laying new lawn - some questions
Hi, I am looking to lay around 60sq.m of turf in my garden and have some questions. The drainage is poor due to poor soil (clay) so I am looking to put in a french drain to help the problem. On top of...
2
2

What is this plant?
It's sitting in my patio, and I have no idea what it is anyone identify it? http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4137/4739059053_72b59bf981.jpgCan
2
2

Fairy rings
How do you combat a fairy ring please??
2
2

Lawn care and bunnies
I have a rabbit who needless to say loves grass and I want my lawn to be lush and green not only to satisfy his hunger but also so I can enjoy it. I moved into a brand new house 3 years ago when I had...

Value?
I have an 8 year old (little used) and in very good condition Honda 2113 hydrostatic ride on mower with grass collector. It has had a new battery but does need its starter 'freeing' off (again)...
1
1

Fertilizer scorch, also unexplained mushy patches.
What kind of turfgrass? What kind of conifers? You do know that they don't grow like deciduous trees, right? You can't prune them the same way. Other than cutting out the deadwood, they don't really...
6
6

new lawn
Hello Everyone Your advice would be greatly appreciated. First off, I will admit to knowing nothing about gardening. We bought a house with a badly overgrown back garden. It measures about 30ft X...
12
12

test response
Are mushrooms organic?