Latest threads in Backyard Gardenersshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

The BucketDigger
The BucketDigger is the ultimate digging tool, with it's unique bucket design, will help you move more dirt, sand and gravel, faster and more efficiently, with less effort. With it's 90 degree fixed...

new to lawns
Hi, We moved into our house in Oxford last year and initally put some seeds down just by hand. After the winter it's looking very worse for wear and there are lots of patches. I wonder if anyone can...
3
3

Questions
I am taking over my own lawn work after deciding that I could kill off my 25 y/o sod yard at least as efficiently (and much cheaper) than my lawn service. Being an newbie, I have some questions. In...
2
2

Strawberry plant weeding
Hi! We have a small garden (approx. 10' x 20') in our back yard with some strawberries in it. I'm in Southern California, and right now it's a combination of weeds, dead grass, and green strawberry...
5
5

Tecumseh Engines
Yes i agree Tecumseh Did make a good cast iron engine ive worked on alot of Vertical and horizontal engines But one of there down fall were They did not drill a hole in the connecting rod so it didnt...

Lawn on clay...help
I know there are lots of posts about lawns on clay soils but I'm still not sure what is the best thing to do in my particular situation. Most of our grass is on clay very poorly draining soil - we've...
2
2

Soggy Grass
Hi All, I'm new and after some advice. I have a small shady yard and last year in Oct I sowed some grass. Tha advice was not to cut it? It grew well to my surprise but over the winter the snow and...
13
13

Planning for small kitchen garden
We have never been able to have a very successful garden. Every animal around, not counting the Japanese Bettles get it first. This year we would like to raise some Tomatoes, now called Heirlooms,...
8
8

Plague of Field Mice
I told my wife to set a few traps under the couters because they had gotten into a box of macaroni. She insisted on using glue traps and didn't bait them This evening I killed a little mouse near the...
4
4

Piling snow around tree trunks - good, bad, or neither?
I've been keeping a circular area of my backyard clear of snow under a maple tree by using a snow blower to concentrate the snow closer to the trunk of the tree. I've probably gone overboard doing it....
14
14

corderline
hello can someone help me please. I have a corderline plant. had it about 20 years. but now all the long stems are all falling off. is this due to the bad winter. all is left is the stumps.will the...

Older model Qualcast suffolk punch mowers and scarifier cassette
Hi guys i was wondering if anyone knows whether an older model suffolk punch mower (suffolk punch 35) has any attachments you can buy seperate i.e scarifier??? many thanks, Matt
2
2

Seeding a lawn
Hello, I am new to all this! I've spent two years sorting out the rubble patch that was the 'garden' and my wife and I have put in new beds and it looks great! However, the lawn after the snow is very...
1
1

New Lawn where there was tarmac
Hi - once the winter is out of the way, I'm looking to take up some up my 'carpark' front drive and put some turf down. I have no issues getting the tarmac up, but anything I need to put down prior to...
1
1

Seeds
I know it`s way to early but Lowes and Wal-mart have the veggie seeds out and I`m going to get some today. I`ll start some in the house and hope for the best. PS It`s snowing
2
2