2nd year onions

Hello,

Earlier this spring when I went to till my garden I found two onions coming up that I must have not seen last fall. Before starting to till I moved them up closer to the house in in a pot I have (about 2 foot wide by two foot deep). Well I left them in there and they grew about 3 foot tall and they sprouted flowers along with a promenent swelling in the middle length of the stem. Before the flowers were a week old the kids and friends had knocked the flowers off, but they stayed green up until recently.

My question is if the onions are edible? (never saw such a spectacle)

TIA, Dan in southeren Michigan

Reply to
DS

Sure. That's typical growth for a onion when it produces seed.

Reply to
Red