Latest threads in Backyard Gardenersshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

New deck for Honda HRG415C
My parents have had a Honda HRG415 for a few years now. Engine still runs very nicely but the deck has started to rust and now has a large hole in it which allows grass cuttings to blow everywhere...
1
1

Huge wasp nest - help!
A huge wasp nest has suddenly sprang up on the side of my house I don't regularly walk by... did some poking around on the Web and most people recommend after dressing accordingly by covering as much...
42
42

Grading yard?
There must be some decaying trees and brush at several points in my yard. This has resulted in gullies that feel terribly unsafe on my tractor/mower. So, I want to fill them in to level the lawn that...
3
3

Night Blooming Cerius (Moonflower)
Got me one of these rascals in the back 40. Grows fine but the old = 'leaves' are covered with some kind of fungus or something -- looks like = leather. Anyone know what that might be and how to...

Qualcast Suffolk Punch 43S - Leaking Fuel
Hello all My first time on here - hoping someone can help me out. My mower is leaking fuel from the (excuse my lack of technical terms) brass coloured bit just in from the air filter with a valve at...
3
3

Help laying new turf...please!
So, I'm about to lift some turf and lay some new turf as well as extending the area. However, I'm very much a garden novice and have a couple of questions I'd like to ask you lovely people. 1. Do I...
14
14

Help. Mushroom type fungi. Pics attached
hi everyone, Any help on the following pictures would be great. I have what looks like a mushroom type fungi growing in my lawn and hope to get rid of it and have a nice lush green lawn....
2
2

killing clover
Try adding a few drops of dish soap to the spray mix. I've heard that clover can have an oily coating on the leaves. Wait at least 2 weeks before expecting results. Read up on clover lawns. I remember...

Great results with Lawn fertilizer
Hi all I have had some great results with using Miracle Grow Lawn Fertilizer. Only cost £3.50 from a local supermarket. The lawn over the last 2 weeks has gone a deep green colour, i am having to cut...

Remote / Rural Irrigation / Remote Faucets ??
I have a vacation property in the mountains, of about six acres, two acres
6
6

Chemical help needed
I am having no success in getting rid of the clover in my lawn. I have used 2 year old Clover Killer that never worked when new. . . . . .Can anyone reccommend a tank spray type clover killer that I...
10
10

Lawn Mower Question
I have a craftsman 22" self propelled6.75hp mower about 10 yrs old or so. THe engine starts good when I go to mow the lawn. After running for 30-45 mins if it stopds, wither intentionally on my part,...
3
3

Lawn is looking worse every day - Pic attached
I have a 1.5acre lot in upstate NY that we just seeded last sept/oct. The grass came in really thin last year because it was to late and cold to get it to get higher than an inch or two. I added...
5
5

Seeking tips about a backyard swing
Let's say I have two large trees in my backyard that are about 61" apart and 69" and 59" in diameter. Unfortunately there is no branch for a swing in the perfect place higher up between them, in fact...
26
26

TroyBilt Pony ?
I have a troybilt pony 2006...it wont let me mow in reverse because of a "safety". Does anyone know how to disable this safety feature so I dont have to disengage the blade when I back up? Thanks!