Latest threads in Backyard Gardenersshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Tangerine bitter & fruit dropping too soon
I have a 6 year old tangerine tree giving fruit for past 3 years. Have = been fertilizing and watering per nursery advice except no ammonium = sulfate added until last year (this year adding 1 cup in...
2
2

help needed with lawn
lawn has been down 3 years and is not looking well atall all summer please help 'Pictures by daz1968_bucket - Photobucket' ( Photobucket
2
2

Morning Glories
Has anyone seen MG's for sale at garden centers? Danile Cairns
2
2

Troybilt string trimmer
My old HomeLite trimmer had a problem I couldn't fix so I purchased a new trimmer, a TroyBilt, from Lowe's. It actually looked like a scaled down version of the HomeLite. It turns out that TroyBilt...
3
3

bad lawn
please help i laid a new lawn 3 years ago and it is going bad toworse, can i do anything before winter sets in 'Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket' ( i was told to...
5
5

Sears Eaglel 1 mower engine
Sears site has no info on parts (lower oil seal & lower bearing) for an Eagle 1(5.1 hp?) engine, on a self-propelled mower. Anyone know of non-Sears parts that one could apply to remedy this engine?...
1
1

Suffolk Punch 430S
I have a Suffolk Punch 430S grass cutter which will only run on choke and stops as soon as I move the choke to partial choke. I've put a new spark plug in and also totally stripped the carburettor yet...

Weeds...lot's of them!
I moved into a new property last year and have gradually been sorting things out. The time has now come to 'fix' my garden. The plan is to either turf it or grow grass from seed but at the moment it...
3
3

Fouling By Cats
Can anyone suggest how to stop cats fouling my front lawn, the street has about 7 cats and 1 in particular has started fouling on the grass, I managed to stop them fouling in flower beds, but trying...
6
6

Weed identification
Hello, can anyone help toidentify this weed please and offer any thoughts on how to eradicate it? I have tried the usual lawn weed & feed in both granules & liquid but they don't seem to have any...
4
4

fertilizer
I have a lawn that is O K but nothing much. It is mostly fescue,rye, a few weeds and some brown spots. The soil is mostly red clay. Is this the right time to spread fertilizer and if so what kind? I`m...
1
1

Pearlwort
Hi, I have a lawn which totals about two thirds of an acre and, while the grass is good in most parts, fair sized sections are infested with a creeping weed with narrow leaves and thick, fibrous roots...

PLEASE HELP! I have cut my new turf too short...
Hi there, Over two weeks ago I had a gardener lay some lovely looking new turf in my garden. I am not sure exactly what type of turf it was but it was the runner type and the gardener refereed to it...
4
4

no grass on my lawn
were my dafodills grow on my lawn it is completley bare no grass grow and its just soil should i put some grass seed down and will this affect the dafodills thanks
5
5

UK Tecumseh Lawn Mower
Hello I have a UK bought Mountfield Empress 16 mower with a Tecumseh BVS R 153 engine with some Italian words printed in various places, like on the carb float. There is a four position hand control,...