2 stroke question

A mixture of 50-1, how do I mix it? For one gallon or litre of gas how much oil? Thanks for any help

By the sound of it - you'd better buy the little overpriced bottle of oil that says "Mix with 1 gallon of gas" in the instructions.
Rick wrote:

And if you're in the States even your ounce is different there.
Peter H
On 1/1/2005 5:10 PM US(ET), Rick took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

To get the proper mixture of oil per gallon of gas, divide 128 (# of ounces in a gallon) by ratio. i.e. 128 / 40 = 3.2, so a 40:1 ratio needs 3.2 oz. of oil. Other ratios: 25:1 = 5.1 oz per gallon. 50:1 = 2.5 oz per gal.
--
Bill

willshak wrote:

Peter H

Last I heard Canada was part of North America so I guess Canadians are "American" too.

Yeah, and so are Brazilians.
On 1/5/2005 6:25 PM US(ET), Peter H took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

I'm sorry. I can't do anything about that.
To get the proper mixture of oil per Imperial gallon of gas, divide 160 (# of Imperial ounces in an Imperial gallon) by ratio. i.e. 160 / 40 = 4, so a 40:1 ratio needs 4 Imperial oz. of oil added to an Imperial gallon. Other Imperial gallon/ounce ratios: 25:1 = 6.4 Imperial oz per Imperial gallon. 50:1 = 3.2 Imperial oz per Imperial gallon.
To get the proper mixture of oil per Litre of gas, divide 100 (# of centilitres in a litre) by ratio. i.e. 100 / 40 = 2.5, so a 40:1 ratio needs 2.5 centilitres (25 millilitres) of oil added to a litre of gas. Other Litre ratios: 25:1 = 4.0 centilitres (40 millilitres) per litre. 50:1 = 2.0 centilitres (50 millilitres) per litre
--
Bill

On 1/5/2005 7:49 PM US(ET), willshak took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

Sorry, last should be (20 millilitres), rather than the ratio number of 50.
--
Bill

Peter H wrote:

Why not? You will be when we are through with the world. Just try and stop us. Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!