Latest threads in Backyard Gardenersshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Question bout fertilizer for my hot pepper garden.
I have grown a lot of bell peppers hydroponically, with root enhancers, base nutrients and bloom enhancers I have got a successful bell peppers. Check out how I have grown bell peppers hydroponically....
2
2

Termite or flying ant?
About 1/2-inch long. Found outside the house but no termite droppings = anywhere around. Looks like termite except that one place said termites' wings are easy = to break off and this one was not....
7
7

Drainage and new lawn
my current lawn suffers from poor drainage, mainly due to heavy clay subsoil and being enclosed by trees/conifers. it alsosuffers from mushrooms/lichen and other generalweeds. I am going to replace...
2
2

Scotts Miracle-Glo Company to pay for Pesticide Violations
This is just for bird food violations. |maing6|dl21|sec3_lnk3%26pLid%3D203295or: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/10/scotts-miracle-gro-violations-criminal-fines_n_1865933.html?icid=maing-grid7...

Lawn Fungus/Mushroom?
A couple of years ago I took down a tree that was dying. I had the stump ground down, but of course all the root structure is still underground. Since then, I've noticed a lot of what I think are...
3
3

Manzanita
have an idea what type of manzanita this might be? This one is = growing wild near Ontario, So California. Took this photo tonight. Earlier in the year the flowers were white with a tinge of yellow....
1
1

Lawn Mower for Sale
Worx model WG789, battery powered, self propelled, used only once. Retails for $500, asking only $300. Try it out on your own lawn! E-mail : .

Tiller
Mongomery Ward 5HP Briggs Stratton engine . Cannot find model # on motor or tiller or carburetor , This was gave to me by a fellow gardener , It will start and run if you put gas in the carb. But...
1
1

Poss off topic
In the 'home' side of this group. . . . . Does anyone know how to assemble and install the 'Prime/Paint' valve on a Wagner Crew, airless Power paint sprayer? How many little balls are involved in this...

Urgent weed problem in lawn
At a local church of mine i am responsible for maintaining the garden of rememberance. Currently, it is a large lawn area, but in the middle there is a large cross cut out of the grass. In the garden...

blue smoke from garden tractor
I have a Craftsman lawn tractor- model 917.272244 I purchased in 2001. It has always run well, but in recent years it's been burning oil, more and more lately. It used to be that only when I started...
4
4

Lawns & guinea pigs
Hi, I am a newby here. Recently moved into a property with a 25 x 35foot lawn. Our guinea pigs are put on lawn in a run each day. The lawn has a lot of weeds so needs a weedkiller application, also I...
4
4

narrow-leaved weeds
Ther seems to be no end of weedkillers for broad-leaved weeds. What is there for narrow-leaved ones ? (of which my lawns has an abundant crop !)
5
5

Grass Cuttings
New here so please my I ask a question about grass cuttings, I am saving the last lot of grass cuttings in a black plastic bag, I've read somewhere the resulting juice/fluid can be used to green up a...
3
3

A whole lot of weeds
I've recently moved into a new house and the back lawn isn't too bad. No patches but it does have a lot of weeds and moss. I've tried to remove a lot with spot weeders but there seems to be an ever...