[SOLVED] Help with 1960 GE Forced Air Gas Heater

I must have missed from your earlier post that your Amana is actually a 90% efficient furnace, I was under impression that it is an 80% which would have made the vent sharing OK. It is not the case though.

It is a condensing type gas furnace that cannot have a B, BW or L type vent or vent connector. The pictures of the furnace didn't make it through (yet) but I think B is the type you have. This is straight from Amana service manual on 90% furnaces:

See the picture I attach below for the venting arrangements they do recommend.  One other possible venting design is to use an <strong>unused</strong> masonry chimney as a chase for a PVC vent for your 90% Amana and a separate B type vent for your old GE and the water heater. That will also eliminate your concerns about the lining of the chimney.

read more and respond »

Posted 3 years ago by homeowners in Heating

Report misuse

Image for [SOLVED] Help with 1960 GE Forced Air Gas Heater