I'm trying to remove a kohler shower handle which has no set screws (2023 Update)

The handle that protrudes above the back plate actually has two parts - the bonnet (the thicker, onion-shaped base) and the actual handle that moves (see a snapshot from Kohler's manual below). The bonnet threads onto the valve, so you would need a strap wrench (or strong and dry hands :) ) to turn it counter-clockwise while holding the handle down. The handle is not detachable from the bonnet - they both come out when you completely unscrew the bonnet.

This is, obviously, a reverse of the installation procedure:

Good luck!

read more and respond »

Posted 3 years ago by homeowners in Plumbing

Report misuse

Image for I'm trying to remove a kohler shower handle which has no set screws (2023 Update)