my upstairs bathtub has been slow draining and sink drain backs into the tub

 I don't believe it would be so bad in just one year, it looks like the stoppage is below the level of the pipes you dealt with last year.

How is the toilet draining, does it have its own T at the riser or does it flow into the same pipe horizontally (I mean gently sloping downward, not literally horizontally), then goes into the riser stack together with the drains of the tub and the sink?

You may try to run the auger through the toilet and see if it makes any difference. If not - then have to go up on the roof and auger through the roof vent going straight down. If the first floor bathrooms (if any) do not have this issue, it would be in the main stack before it hits the first floor Ts (see the diagram attached).

There may be a cleanout on the second floor or the attic that may save you a trip to the roof - if it's above the sink level, I would open it and feed the auger through there, much more convenient than the roof, obviously. I would <strong>not</strong> open any cleanouts below the second floor bathtub drain.

read more and respond »

Posted 3 years ago by homeowners in Sewage

Report misuse

Image for my upstairs bathtub has been slow draining and sink drain backs into the tub