york garbage

has anyone here had any experience With yorks residential heating and cooling line? it seems the past few years they have been putting some real garbage on the market.

Reply to
me

All the equipment is garbage now. It takes a qualified expert installer to make it lesser garbage. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Some contractors are claiming Yorks Evap. Coils leak water.

Reply to
Zyp

Hmmm - check the Manufactuer's Unit label. The full charge is stated there. If you took the time, you could locate the leak [probably in the evaporator on the bottom] and seal it. Instead of screwing up the enviorment.

Reply to
Zyp

Ive a package hp unit for the shop -22 ( well actually its luxaire )

Apparent slow leaker ( no visable oilslick )...36 mbu so offhand guessing probly factory about lbs.

Took 4 years butt his fall got so bad took action ( hell maybe some kids been huffing onnit--antway 3lbs later it still seems just fine, this was about 3 weeks ago.

Reply to
Simon Schnizzard

( guessing probly factory charge about 5 lbs )

Reply to
Simon Schnizzard

Thx,

I'll keep an eye on it.

Reply to
Simon Schnizzard

Actually, in the last 4-5 years, Goodman / Amana has come up to a "higher" level. Their warranty speaks loudly about their trust in their product. Although *Bubba* loves their evap. coils [makes extra $$$]. Where as York is offering "industry standard" warrnaty. I've heard though, if contractor's purchase the "extended warranty" the underwriter is paying street rates on repairs. That's a good thing!

Reply to
Zyp

I use the York Affinity line of products on a daily basis's and yes i have had bad circuit boards on several condensing units and a few control boards on

90% gas furnace where it does not recognize the roll out switch etc but over all they are really nice and quiet unit all around 10 year compressor warranty can't beat'em
Reply to
vector070

Actually, it *is* worth the money *you* pay for them. :)

Reply to
Zyp

I built 4 condos, put in Luxaire 13 SEER AC systems, cool only, AHUs as heavy as a furnace, no complaints so far.

Reply to
Abby Normal