XR13 clearance from house

Anyone know what the minimum clearance reqirements are from the outside wall of the house for a Trane XR13 heat pump? My was installed 18-20" away and it seems a bit much to me.

You try to clean the bitch then-if it was up to me it would be even further :-)
further the better , as long as the line set is sized properly , how bout under that big old shade tree , so its not sitting and baking in the sun on a hot july afternoon ?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

the
Generally speaking, this produces barely noticable difference annually.
Mostly concerns air mass flow--meaning you would need to supply a tremendous volume of pre-cooled air on a per-minute basis in order make a significant impact here.

Space needed is that man can work on equipment without bosting his or her ass.

"bost" my ass , lmfao

Yes.

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 19:59:57 -0000, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

1000 yards is normal in your situation. I'd call the hacks back out and demand they move it.

18 to 20 inches is a good distance.

The service guy will be happy that your unit was installed properly when it comes time for repair.
Be happy that you had someone that cares about proper clearances!

Yes ,you really want the unit to be past any downspouts as ice and water can damage a fan blade- seen it a few times. We usually set the unit just outside the overhang and gutters, which would be just about 18 to 20 inches.