Wine Cellar Construction - Insulation & Vapor Barrier

Hi:

I'm having my wine cellar built now and the insulation contractor has used 'FSK' foil-backed insulation in all stud bays. On the interior-facing walls, the foil is on the outside of the studs with foil tape ensuring that there's a seal. On the exterior facing wall, they put the FSK foil into the stud bay and then placed fiberglass batts into the bay. The FSK in the exterior facing wall is loose and not contiguous from bay to bay. I've read that 6 mil poly vapor barrier should be left loose in the bays running contigouously along the length of the wall, with the batts placed in the stud bays after the vapor barrier.

Should the insulation contractor remove the FSK on the exterior-facing walls and put up a 6 mil vapor barrier? If so, thould the poly replace the FSK foil, or be used in addition to the FSK?

Thanks,

Ken

Reply to
koberry

What does the contract for services say?

Reply to
Oscar_Lives