Why the Hvac Machinnes are built like car "to break"

This is just absurd this stuff is built at best at times poorly. Inovation hah lets step up and build reliable inflation long term monster great units that are built to last with innovation. I am so tired of reps with te same stories f them being different. How about you guys

Reply to
Common?

A little routine maintainance goes a long way.

Lets put it this way.... your only in you car for an average of an hour a day *maybe*, and you take it in for regular service every 3000 - 5000 miles. Your heating and cooling system is the single most expensive appliance in your home, and it runs 24/7...... and you expect it to run for 20 years and never have it serviced??

Reply to
Steve

Well, I have two 36 year old Bryant units on my house. I have done a little maintenance on them over the years. The cap on a service valve rusted away, and I found a nice refrig. shop guy that found me one off an old unit. A terminal burned off one of the compressors, I was able to solder a 1/4" spade terminal onto the remaining stub - very lucky there. A run cap blew on the other one. I wash out the condenser cores every year. I know these are living on borrower time, but they just keep on working.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

For the systems that I install, 4 - 5 years.

Reply to
Steve