Why its very important to let the superheated air out of your car before turning on the a/c. Health alert.

Got this health alert this morning via email. Just want to give a headsup to all ---
CAR AIR-CONDITIONING - VERY IMPORTANT!
My car book says to roll down the windows to let out all the hot air before turning on A/C.
WHY? Car Air-conditioning - No wonder more folks are dying from cancer than ever before. We wonder where this stuff comes from but here is an example that explains a lot of the cancer causing incidents.
Many people are in their cars first thing in the morning and the last thing at night, 7 days a week. As I read this, it makes me feel guilty and ill. Please pass this on to as many people as possible. Guess it's not too late to make some changes
Car A/C (Air Conditioning) MUST READ!!!
Please do NOT turn on A/C as soon as you enter the car.
Open the windows after you enter your car and then turn ON the AC after a couple of minutes.
Here's why: According to research, the car dashboard, seats and air freshener emit Benzene, a Cancer causing toxin (carcinogen - take time to observe the smell of heated plastic in your car).
In addition to causing cancer, Benzene poisons your bones, causes anemia and reduces white blood cells. Prolonged exposure will cause Leukemia, increasing the risk of cancer. Can also cause miscarriage.
Acceptable Benzene level indoors is 50 mg per sq. ft. A car parked indoors with windows closed will contain 400-800 mg of Benzene. If parked outdoors under the sun at a temperature above 60 degrees F, the Benzene level goes up to 2000-4000 mg, 40 times the acceptable level.
People who get into the car, keeping windows closed will inevitably inhale, in quick succession, excessive amounts of the toxin. Benzene is a toxin that affects your kidney and liver.. What's worse, it is extremely difficult for your body to expel this toxic stuff.
So friends, please open the windows and door of your car - give time for interior to air out -dispel the deadly stuff - before you enter.
Thought: 'When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.'
This is what snopes.com says. It is not the air conditioning in the car but the Benzene producing agents that cause cancer. http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/benzene.asp
On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 06:43:51 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

    I think the EPA should ban parked cars !!!!
    And I'm sure they will, eventually.
www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

If you drink, don't park.... accidents cause people.

On 6/10/2011 8:53 AM, .p.jm.@see_my_sig_for_address.com wrote:

Oh no..Then the Chicano birthrate will fall.

Health Alert Response... Messing with Air Conditioner diverts your attention when in heavy traffic, Results can be death faster then cancer.

Greg

Good to know anyway. I just can't figure out why cars of the 50's 60's etc. Smelled so nice where today's hardly smell at all.
Greg

    Cleaner girlfriend ?
www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Don't sweat the small stuff.... Ken still believes you can pick a turd by the clean end.

Then you're NOT a Duffus after all, BUT Dave aka Ilbebauck sure is. He'll believe just about anything.....................except reality
On 6/16/2011 7:59 PM, ken wrote:

"Dufas" is a proper family name. "Doofas" on the other hand describes a complete dolt. ^_^
TDD