why are air-con installers such morons?

I see a lot of split systems with outdoor unit on brackets.

Usually, there is a piece of rubber (looks like chunk of

conveyer belt) between the feet and the bracket. But the bolts

are metal-to-metal on the bracket and transmit vibration.

The system at my house was done thus. So I put some rubber washers

under the bolts and nuts, to insulate it from the bracket and

outdoor unit, and also ensured that the bolts were centered in the

holes and not touching the sides. Now I hear less vibration inside

the house. Why can't the tradesmen do this?

I have only seen one other installation that used rubber washers.

I also found one that had airbag isolators about 6 cm thick;

but that was on a tycoon's mansion.

Reply to
Kulin Remailer

The parts are readily available. The problem is, customers who say "I ain't paying for that!". Most HVAC techs are good honest people, at least the ones I know and associate with but there are some crooks and downright lazy SOB's. The tycoon didn't mind paying extra for the silent treatment. :-)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas